Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Vintage Sheet Robe

Repurposed vintage sheet.


I came across this sewing idea the other day and I fell in love. 
Because I really needed another project to my list, I knew I had to make one.
...Right...

I looked on Etsy and couldn't decide on a vintage sheet. I also didn't want to buy a really pretty one when this was my first go at it.
A few weeks later I happened to find one at a yard sale. 
50 cents for a full size (I think) flat sheet. 
How could I pass it up?
Obviously I didn't. 

Here is my adventure in making a vintage sheet into a robe.
Check out Melly Sews for her vintage sheet robe instructions.
Her robe is so sweet!
Enjoy!

 

This was an quick and easy project. 
However, getting the fabric ready and pinned was more time consuming than the sewing part!
 




 My aunt made this pin cushion ring for me and I love it. It makes things so much easier when you're sewing with pins!


 And it's done!


 I thought the print and fabric was very appropriate for summer!



 Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment